05/31/17  Camden Police Report


A 40 year old Camden man has been charged by Camden police with leaving the scene of an accident and with obstructing governmental operations. The incident was reported on May 27,  by Roshon Isreal who told police she had been rear ended by a vehicle as she attempted to turn onto Cash Road from the Lincoln Center. She said she caught up with the driver of the car, identified as Zachary Leaks,  at a car wash next to Walgreens but he was apparently drunk and she couldn't talk to him. She said Leaks then fled the scene so she called police. Police finally found Leaks at a friends house and at first wouldn't identify himself nor admit he had been involved in the hit and run. He was taken into custody and charged. His court date was set for July 19.

Camden police were called to investigate another hit and run on May 29. The reporting person advised they had followed the vehicle that fled the scene to an address at 812 Sears Street. It turned out that both parties involved, Kizzy Armstrong the driver of the vehicle that got hit and the driver of the vehicle that struck her, Javonthony Hogan were attending a family event when Hogan got into an argument with a relative and backed into Armstrong's vehicle. Hogan told Armstrong not to call police that he'd pay for the damage. Armstrong preferred to call police and report it. Hogan was cited for leaving the scene of an accident and will appear in court July 5.

May 26, Camden police and Ouachita County Sheriff's department were conducting a sobriety check on U.S. Highway 79 at the Highway and Transportation Department. Sgt. Jimmy Plyler observed a vehicle headed for the check point pull off the road as if to avoid the checkpoint and then reappeared. Winnisha Talley, the driver of the vehicle and a passenger, Phillip McBride. A license and warrant check was conducted on both individuals. Dispatch advised Talley had an ID only. McBride had a suspended license and a search waiver on file. A search of McBride yielded a small green pill consistent with ecstasy. No other contraband was found. The vehicle was impounded and Talley and McBride transported to the police station for booking. McBride was charged with possession of a controlled substance and transported to the detention center. Talley was issued citations for DWI, no drivers license and drinking in public. She was given a court date of July 19th and released to family.